Five very simple reasons:
5. Shiny, shimmery magic effects. (This last installment of the book/movie is FULL of EPIC battles. You don’t want to miss all those magic effects when wands go ‘Pew! Pew!’ PROMISE.)
4. Gringott’s roller coaster ride.
3. Dementors… in 3D… ARE AWESOME!
2. Demise of Lord Voldemort. (Uhm, should I have said spoiler alert?)
and the number one reason:
1. Hermione’s cleavage. (For the boys, if your girlfriend is forcing you to watch the movie with her, THIS is your salvation! …….. WHAT? It was OUT there!)
It’s been a while since I’ve last watched a 3D movie in IMAX. The last 3D movie I watched was Beowulf in 2007. (I also watched the U2 3D in IMAX, but that’s not really a movie). I’ve watched other movies in regular 3D digital theaters, but watching it in a non IMAX movie house doesn’t really count either.
I was pleasantly surprised that 3D technology for movies has come a VERY long way from what it used to be. I know 3D TVs are awesome now but I didn’t know movie theaters had caught up as well.
Watching 3D movies used to give me a headache. It strained my eyes and made me dizzy after a while.
But not anymore! IMAX 3D movies (if well rendered in 3D, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 definitely is!) are more crisp now! No more fuzz! They’re not kidding now when they say the ‘Movies come alive’.
They’ve done some improvements on the 3D glasses, too!
After watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in IMAX 3D, I think I might be watching more movies in IMAX 3D in the days to come! *kaching kaching*
I’ll say it again.
WATCH HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 IN IMAX 3D.
You won’t regret it.
As much as I’m sad for the Harry Potter series to end, watching it in IMAX 3D has given me a deep sense of closure. (For those in denial, I understand)
What started out as a children’s book turned out into one of the best fantasy story of all time. Definitely not just for kids anymore.
It was a epic farewell to an even more epic story. Long live Harry Potter! *cheers a Butterbeer*
P.S. For south people, SM Southmall now has an IMAX 3D! It’s not as big as the one in MOA, though. P450 for the movie ticket plus P20 reservation fee. Reserve your IMAX 3D tickets online today!